May 11, 2011 0 Comments
Florida's Vision Quest, a non-profit charity, that provides free vision exams and eyeglasses for underserved children is competing for votes on Facebook through Chase Community Giving. Charities with the most votes will receive from $20,000 to $500,000!!
Florida's Vision Quest in the running for Chase Community Giving donation;
needs local support
Who: Florida's Vision Quest (FVQ), a not-for-profit entity that provides children from low-income and uninsured families across the state with free eye exams and eyeglasses
What: FVQ is in the running for Chase Community Giving's charity Facebook contest and needs the communities' help. FVQ was the only Central Florida based charity to have been awarded $25,000 for making the Top 100 list in Round 1, and is now eligible to receive up to $500,000 for finishing in the Top 25 of Round 2.
When: Voting for Round 2 begins on May 19th and concludes the night of May 25th.
Where: This is an online contest that takes place on Chase Community Giving's Facebook page (CLICK HERE TO VOTE). Voting instructions are found below.
Why: Faced with state budget cuts, FVQ desperately needs these funds in order to continue providing children from low-income families with free eye exams and eyeglasses. Everyone, regardless of their economic background, deserves to have one of life's basic necessities; clear vision. Media coverage of the contest is welcomed, as it will help direct these much needed funds to our local communities.
How: Individuals who have a Facebook account can vote by following these easy steps:
- 1. Log in to your Facebook acct.
- 2. Follow CLICK HERE TO VOTE Or on the Facebook search bar, type in 'Chase Community Giving' (click on the PAGE not the APP, if more than one shows up).
- 3. Simply click the 'Like' button on the Chase Community Giving page.
- 4. You will see a 'search for charities' tool bar, type in 'Florida's Vision Quest' (aka Jeppesen Vision Quest) and our page will show.
- 5. Click on our page and VOTE! (Please 'allow' them to access your basic information)
Contact: Cristina M. Calvet-Harrold, +1-407-832-4814 firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://www.flvq.org. Media wishing to schedule a visit to the Florida Vision Quest facility are
welcome to contact the organization at 386-917-1001.